Thursday, June 23

Art in Ålesund

 During my stay in Ålesund I visited "Det lille Galleri" and found this painting by Roy A. Dahl. I have for many years seen his works and liked them very good. His Doors of Oslo made in the beginning of this millennium was my first experience with his works, but this was the first time I saw motives from Ålesund.
The original to this painting can be found in Kippervikgaten, where my grand parents lived for many years.
 Another art in Ålesund is food art, and the Thursday dinner: "Potetball" or Raspeball had to be my dinner before returning to Oslo.
 Restaurant TYT (take your time) can be recommended, but remember the dish is only served on Thursdays.
After this cultural art performances I give you the beauty of the horizon outside Vigra and Ålesund airport. Beyond the horizon you will reach the Fareo Islands and Iceland to the west.

Some photos disappeared due to Google+ project

No comments: