Friday, December 5

Christmas preparations and hopes

Today Sunrise 8:59 am and Sunset 3:15 pm. The day is about seven hours.
Today weather forecast for Oslo says: Snow. Moderate breeze, 7,1 m/s from northeast. 3 mm precipitation. It is Advent!

In Singapore Susie, Carmen, Mee Yim and Norma are planning for a pre Christmas meeting as usual.
My insurance company are sending out their Christmas email-cards reminding us to be careful when using open fire like candle lights.
And when reading Norwegian blogs these days I get a clear understanding of the challenges in the preparations going on in almost every sites visited.

That gives me the opportunity to present a short Youtube video from the preparation in one of the Trønder-wives homes. If any of the viewers feel that I am distributing their private affairs, I apologies for that in advance.

An update on Truls and his condition ca be found at his blog and we hope for speedy recovery.

Many of you are posting Sky Watch Friday today. Since I am banned from that meme, I give you a view FROM the sky at Dalsnibba and down the valley to the Geiranger fjord 1476 m below hoping that the daytimes very soon will increase again and the dark season is over.The morning was felt dark and hopeless. After visiting Petunias Blog today my mode is completely changed. I do not give awards, but Thank you Petunia,
You made my day
!!

5 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I watched the video but couldn't understand the language. Yet I understood it was about a family drama. How many we see each Christmas! The family are coming to us this year I am cooking for 8 in all. I do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen, I may miss out on the drama. I often think I should take notes, it would make a wonderful Alan Bennet play! LOL!

Petunia said...

Kjekt å kunne være en som sprer litt godt humør på en vanskelig dag!
Og vi skal nok klare å holde humøret oppe...jeg har flere slike legevitser på lager;)

Rune Eide said...

A view to be proud of - especially if you walked all the way up!

Unknown said...

Det er bærre lækkert på Dalsnibba :)

Anne said...

For noen bilder Arne, det siste der fra Geirangerfjorden var jo bare helmax da. Med så mange utenlanske venner som du har, ønsker de seg sikkert til Norge nå når de ser dette vakre bildet!!

Og Gjertrud er nå bare søt da, synes du ikke?? :-))