Thursday, March 20

City Easter with daffodils


Today the Easter Holiday starts in Norway.

Yellow Daffodils at the breakfast table. Painted eggs and tomato herrings, brie cheese and ham together with tea and apple juice.
Maundy Thursday or Holy Thursday is the day for the Last Supper. I want my supper later today not to be the last, and have no intention to wash my wife´s feet. The shower takes care of that, and regarding the gathering I let da Vinci have his code by himself.

It is still almost zero degrees here. Cold nights and the sun is only making the temperature to increase a few numbers. But as long as it is not raining or snowing we have all the possibility to have a good and peaceful Easter in the City. Our Local is closing at 1 am today and tomorrow, but at that time we normally are well hidden under the quilt with eyes closed.
There is no traffic in the streets this morning. Almost no cars parked outside and the church bells are still silent. I am blogging and feel fine. No stress for skiing.
If somebody believe this "man" is out exercising, click on the picture and have a look. The beer garden is not yet open. If the sun makes it possible lots of people will turn into Lektern later.
May be we too will stroll down to Aker Brygge later, but most probably we will visit the cottage just for the fun of it. Due to the cold there is nothing to do in the garden at this time.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Ja, det ser ut til at herren og fruen koser seg... ,men vaske føttene hennes, såpass kan du vel gjøre ?

Morgenklem herfra.

mrsnesbitt said...

Arnea,
Yes I can see the Van Gogh style in the cottage painting!
Wonderful!

dot said...

I certainly don't know a thing about paintings but I like that one. Interesting post!

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I like the bridge there in one of the pictures, very stylish, also the sculpture of the man on stilts, he is saying "help, I am stuck, what do I do now"

FANCY said...

OH...it's beautiful picture.


Happy Easter

Paulie said...

Hmmm don't know what happened to my comment I wrote but it's probably Firefox's fault!

Sounds like you have a wonderful Easter celebration planned. Happy Easter!