Monday, March 3

Broer som Binder

The most important Bridge this first Monday of March and the opening of "Broer som binder" is the train bridge over River Liffey in Dublin. Perhaps Ha´penny Bridge is more famous, but since I later today will meet RuneE and TrulZ over a pint or more at my local “fru Burum”, I think this Bridge will be the best example of how “Broer som Binder” can be interpreted. We are all transplanted, have met because of our common condition and have common challenges although our life is very different. The Pint helps bridging gaps between generations, distances and cultures.

At my Sunday Walk yesterday (Yes, Anna-Lys I am back) I managed to shoot a photo of the Sculpture Bridge at Frognerparken. That is probably the most generation-mixed and multicultural bridge in Oslo. Local citizens with or without children are strolling around. People from all over the world walks to and from the Monolith looking at the sculptures like
Sinnataggen (little angry boy).My third Bridge is “Storseisundbrua” as part of Atlanterhavsveien connecting people in Romsdal and Nordmøre at the northwest of Norway. A beautiful road close to the fierce Nordic ocean and a spectacular Bridge.From Norway to Italy and the great city of Florence.
My last bridge for March is crossing the river Arno, (which is flowing from Mount Falterona in the Apennines and end in the Tyrrenian Sea at Marina di Pisa), and is the famous Ponte Vecchio with the jeweller shops.Go to Runes TX.Blog to get links to other Bridge Builders:
* Ackworth born, gone West
* Anna-Lys
* Arnes Blog
* Berit T.
* Com Imagens With Images
* GundaM-En liten "hagevandring"
* Heimdal (Marie)
* Hilde S
* Hyde Daily Photo
* Ida`s little corner
* imac's Photos from the Minds Eye
* Interiør og hage
* Katney's Kaboodle
* Klara's pictures
* Landsliv
* Litt av meg (Anemone)
* Mitt glade (hunde-)liv (Anne-Berit)
* On2Wheels (GAWO)
* Outhouse Capital of Canada
* Pernille's ting og tang
* Runes TX-Blog
* Truls

20 comments:

Anne said...

Ohoi... her er mange broer fra ulike deler av denne lille verden. Viser at du er en mann med reiselyst Arne. Og den brer seg hitover, reiselysten !!
Den siste postede bro, bare VIL jeg bare se og oppleve en gang :-)

Nydelig reflektert tekst på en tidlig morgen.

Klem herfra.

Rune Eide said...

I liked the first one - "I have been, there I did that, and I bought the beer". I have even walked the second one a few times. The two others have yet to be visited - but who knows?

See You!

Pernille said...

Wow!! What a start for you!! Many beautiful Bridges. Well done, Arne! And I love them:)
Have a nice day:)

Berit T said...

Her var det mange flott broer!

Daniel J Santos said...

Very interesting, great photos.

I like the second and the last one.

Excellent post.

ANNA-LYS said...

:-) You're funny!

Lovely bridges, Ohhh the Medici family's Florens, Italy, The cradle of the humanism. The picture of Ponte Vecchio, is taken right after You have visited David di Michelangelo, isn't it?. I have the exact angle on my own private photo, taken when it is dark.

Thank You, this made a lovely ride into the landscape of memories ;-)

(( klem ))

HildeS/Frøken Fryd said...

You have many nice bridges here, with different stories.
The last one is my favourite:)

FANCY said...

I have understand that you are the inventor of the bridge...I have done one to...;-)

Anne-Berit said...

Flotte bruer alle sammen.Jeg har bare gått over en av dem,for jeg har vært og sett monolitten og sinnataggen jeg også,de andre er det verre med.Atlanterhavsveien har vi planer om å kjøre til sommeren.Ha det godt:o)

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

four very different bridges - didn't recognize the Dublin one at first as when I drove there I was so busy dodging suicidal cyclists that I missed my way and had no time to take in the views.

the others are new to me.

imac said...

Truly remarkable Bridge.
My type of bridge too, pint of beer bridge - let the necter flowwwwwwwwww.Have one for me too.
Cheers.

GundaM said...

Her var det mange og velge mellom, har tatt den over atlanterhavsveien jeg og noen ganger ;)
Flotte bilder!

Paulie said...

I looked and went back and looked again several times. I can't decide which one is the most interesting. I find it wonderful that you can share so many bridges in one post and still have more for next time!

Marie said...

Flotte bruer alle på kvar sin måte! Interessant å lese det du skriv også. Great post!

EG CameraGirl said...

All your bridge photos are wonderful but I especially like the lines of the Storseisundbrua. Perhaps it's the angle you chose to take the photo from, but it really speaks volumes to me. NICE!

GAWO said...

Her var det litt av hvert å velge i. Atlanterhavsbroen har jeg kjørt over mange ganger, de handre får jeg lyst til å besøke. Den i Olso bør jeg vel klare! Hils gutta når dere treffes. Forstod det slik at dere er i "Tigerstaden" nå. Vi bloggjenter burde også ha vært der :-)

FO - 2 said...

Mange flotte bidrag her Arne! :)
Ett flott bilde av Atlanterhavsbroen
og det siste bildet er akk så vakkert!
Mitt bidrag ble så altfor enkelt, siden jeg hadde glemt det....
Du må hilse gutta. ;)

Anonymous said...

Our meeting today made the bridge between us even stronger.
My favorite of your photos to day is the one from Atlanterhavsveien. When I was sick this was one of the places I wanted to go when I got better. And now I have been there. Loved it!

Sharon said...

These are all wonderful. I found the bridge with shops on it very interesting! Great for your first monthlly bridge post!

Katney said...

I don't know how I missed your bridge post the other day. I am glad I came back to see it. The Ponte Vecchio brings back memories. Maybe some day I will get to visit the others.