Monday, February 11

Domestic cattle and Poached Skrei

A short update connected to my Saturday postings.
I did find some domestic cattle in Oslo, but it was only at advertising signs from earlier time when marketing in newspapers, websites and e-mails still was science fiction.
An Insurance company tells the public that Life insurance of Horses at favourable terms with or without payout when the horse is still alive, is a new insurance possibility.

We can even see an ad. covering biscuits with the rooster logo of Sætre. Oslo is indeed not only a jungle city, and I will still look for an owl out there.


I also got some comments about the fishing photos; about frying a fish of that size. I therefore give you some more explanation of how to prepare Skrei for dinner. The photo shows the result after cooking or poaching Skrei at my home, served with potatoes, carrots and melted butter. There is no cod roe and liver in that picture, because I don´t like liver and my wife thinks that roe is too much, if BMI should be under control.

We normally drink red wine to cod.
Some Norwegians generally prefer white wine to fish, and we can in that respect recommend Murgo, Etna Bianco 2006 from Sicily as an alternative.

4 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Jeg opplevde personlig på tur i skogen mellom Rikshospitalet og Sognsvann et rådyr på to meters hold. Jeg sattatt på en stein da det stille kom forbi. Dessverre var ikke kamera klart...

dot said...

I'd filet that fish up, dip it in a mixture of flour and corn meal and fry it in hot grease. Then I would serve it up with some cheese grits and slaw and a big glass of iced tea. Aren't we all different!! lol

Lilli & Nevada said...

wonderful looking dinner. I like fish if there is not bones in them

AVCr8teur said...

That looks like a very healthy meal. I wonder how many people buy life insurance for horses.